Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Trouble brewing
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 03:29 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
For those of you with hurt feelings on AM departure .... sorry!

At one time, way back in the day getting an offer (either straight out of UD or early in one's career) from Big Blue (IBM for some of you) was exciting and you just had to consider it almost no matter what else you were doing.

In today's world it would be (possibly) Google, Facebook, or some other top tech firm. Well at least for the more engineering, math or computer related geeks in the audience. (Social work, history majors, english lit folks may not need to apply!)

Of course there could be some other personal factors involved in the decision but sometimes the offer is just too enticing to ignore or refuse. I think Archie saw this as his most important opportunity that may not come along again in some time .... (not knowing that the OSU job would be open shortly after).

Yes I was disappointed .... but I understand the calculus involved ...

Should I stay or should I go!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN1WwnEDWAM