Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 08:34 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,226 Times in 586 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
It's very easy to rationalize not having a big when you don't have one. it's like the guy that gets shot down by a few 9's before getting a 5 to go with him to prom. I don't like going into a season knowing we have nobody(again) to stop a Justin Tillman type. Josh proved he couldn't last year. Maybe small ball works, maybe it doesn't, but raise your hand if you feel we can contain Ethan Happ in 5 months.........still waiting. Im firmly in the camp that desires a big man or two. Whats wrong with that? Wanting a big man is every bit as sane as wanting small ball to work. This team as currently constructed has no depth behind Crutcher, before you say Cohill remember Darrell was billed as a "combo" guard. No meat behind Josh who gets in foul trouble early and often. Mark my words, i hope im wrong but i don't see us making the NCAA as constructed. It will be an improved team, a more cohesive team a more FUN team, but we will be exposed.
I don't think you are giving enough credit to the three bigs that we didn't have last year but that we do have this year. When Josh gets in foul trouble I have complete faith in Obi and Frankie to come in and do the job. I often heard from sources that Ryan Mikesell was one of the better players in practice all of last season! We will have tons of versatility and if Trey improves even half again as much as he did between his frosh season and his soph season he will be a load on the boards for opposing defenses. Two years ago Mikesell was sneaky good on rebounds and showed he could shoot an occasional 3 pointer! I don't agree with you that the team has no depth behind Crutcher. Jordan Davis, although his three point percentage tailed off toward the end of the season, proved early he can shoot. Cohill may be better than we give him credit. He wasn't rated a 4 star for no reason. I think we just might surprise and get into the NCAA. The key is to do well in the A-10 as I believe it is wide open. St. Louis has to play to the level of their press clippings which is sometimes hard to do!

Last edited by CvilleFlyer; 06-28-2018 at 08:39 PM..