User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 12:14 PM
Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think often times all a 2-star rating means is a kid is considered a D1 prospect (ie he has offers) but hasn't been evaluated for their "star" system. Truthfully, much of the star rating is based upon who has offered you scholarships, they don't sit down and evaluate 1,000s of kids in each class, they took a gander at legit scholarship offer claims and start handing out stars, then break down further the guys who shine at the AAU events and are legit contenders for top players in their class. If Duke offered the kid a scholarship tomorrow, he'd be a 4 star recruit in 2 days and not a single minute of tape would be examined by the star giver-outers over that time.
Totally agree with you! If you're in or near the McD list, obviously people are paying you a lot of mind. Once you get into the sub 3.5 range, I'm betting much of it has to do with the number and quality of offers you have. I'd be willing to put money on kids from "known" high school programs getting a bump on it, too, and perhaps "connected" coaches that really push their players. That doesn't mean kids from smaller schools or less connected coaches aren't more talented.

That's one thing I like about Grant and staff - they just go watch kids play and see how they'd fit. Who cares about the ratings!