Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2018, 10:12 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,080 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Perhaps Coach Grant doesn’t inflate the numbers, but his coach at UD didn’t seem to care much about them. I say that based on an observation from my undergrad days in the early 1980s.

My girlfriend (now wife) and I had Fr. Burns for Christian Marriage in 1983 or 1984. Also in that class (and seated side-by-side, a few rows below us in the Sherman Hall auditorium) were Rory Dahlinghaus and Jim Shields, who were Forwards in the Class Of ‘86, both of whom were listed at 6’8”. At the start of each class, Fr. Burns would have the entire class stand for prayer. Well, there had to be about 2” difference between Dahlinghaus and Shields. I believe Rory is (or at least was) a legitimate 6’8”. But Shields? More like 6’6” (or maybe even 6’5”).
Posted via Mobile Device
Well I have to ask. Are Shields and Dahlinghaus still married?
Posted via Mobile Device