Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: On to 2018-19
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 04:23 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post
MNFats, I think you’re underestimating Mikesell. If he is truly healthy he will either be starting or first off the bench and will see much more than 15 min per game. Remember, prior to him having his hip difficulties he was a contributor on 2 NCAA teams.
I think SDF put a good disclaimer on my post - it's my thoughts to start the year. It becomes very fluid after that based on who's playing well, how guys develop, match ups, etc.

I like Mikesell and hope he contributes. At the same time, he's coming off a couple of surgeries and hasn't played competitive basketball in a while. I definitely see his minutes increasing as the year goes on if he stays healthy.

The real question is - if you give him more than 15 minutes, whose minutes is he taking?

As I thought about the minutes, I started to feel like the talent gap between our best player and worst player may be the smallest gap we've seen in a while. This team lacks a star player, but may end up with 9 guys that can play and compete every night.