Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 12:30 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
He had 1 scholarship to work with in 2018 (may be more, but initially it was 1). Almost every guy we were linked to was a PG. We ended up with a guy that can probably play both 1 and 2. If you have Crosby coming back as a senior and a future star coming back as a sophomore - I don't think PG is the position to invest your only scholarship - yet that was the main position we were chasing.

I like Crutcher - I do. And it's only been one game - so I'm not ready to give any kind of final assessment. But even before the season began I thought it was curious how hard AG was pursuing a PG if he had confidence that the JC's could hold down the spot for the next two years.
If Crutcher can play the 2, I don't see a problem and see the need and advantage. We have plenty of 3 and 4s. The only other need would be another 5. But I like the fact that we can have many combo PG/SG types. Gives you a lot of versatility. Especially late in a game when trying to hold a lead, when you need good ball handlers and FT shooters. An injury makes it easier to move players from 1 to 2 or 2 to 1. If we would've had better combo guards the past 2 seasons, we might have been able to rest Scoochie more and had him perform even stronger.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (11-13-2017)