Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 11:17 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
They are volunteers from various community groups.
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
Their organizations get paid like shocka43 said. I'm 99% sure the Bengals concessions are run the same way too and I'm sure there are more venues that do the same thing. n.
Correct on the Bengals.

The Dragons do it as well. It was about 10 years or so ago that I was involved with a group working the Dragons games, and the hassle was not worth it in our case. Spending 5 hours of my evening serving up nachos and hot dogs, for what equaled about $6 an hour (on a good night) donation we received from them. Too much golf, boating, and family time to be spent in the summer for me to ever do such again, just tell me how much cash the group needs and I will pay up my fair share instead of sweat equity in this case.

At UD Arena there is a sign at every concession or beer stand telling you what groups volunteers are running that stand and benefiting from sales.

Last edited by ClaytonFlyerFan; 04-20-2017 at 11:36 PM..