User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 03:14 PM
Major

podcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
If the only thing stopping your trigger from being flipped from upstanding citizen to uncontrollable psychopath is alcohol, please move to another country. It wasn't LSD, it was J&B.

One thing to consider: not only is the fan base watching. Not only is the rest of the team watching. Not only is the administration watching.

Recruits are watching.

Throw him out on his arse and watch recruits -- who know they're going to screw something up at some point -- shy away. Those of you who want immediate vigilante justice need to consider the whole picture.

"Mr. Grant, tell me how you handle a player who screws up REALLY bad."
"Well Mrs. Jones, I try to remember that these kids are under my watch, so I throw them out on their a**es so hard no school will ever even consider allowing them a chance at redemption. I publicly shame them and make sure all the dirty details are right out in the public eye."

NOPE.
Oh BS - what about the mother or father of the recruit looking at this and going do I really want to send my kid to an alcohol infested den where any type of behavior is allowed and tolerated.

Per publicly shaming the kid - Sam took care of that all on his own - no help needed there at all. If you are going to be lax on discipline on current players for fear of scaring away other recruits - those are not the types of recruits you wanted in the first place.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to podcast411 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-11-2017), Flyers98 (08-07-2017), UDGutter2 (08-07-2017)