Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 12:19 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Lowd&ProUD View Post
Exactly.

I've never thought for a minute that Grant is satisfied with this team as is. Would he love to have a quality big? Of course!

But he doesn't want to waste a spot on a big who's not good enough to contribute. And I don't want him to either.

I keep hearing "we just need a big to defend and rebound". Bigs who can just do those things aren't as plentiful as some would think.

An insurance big would definitely come in handy. But how much insurance did Pierce provide last year?

I have a sneaky suspicion that the people in the "we have no bigs and the sky is falling" camp are the ones who whined about Grant's hiring from Day 1. Just a suspicion.
No... We are the one's enormously unhappy with last year's losing record ( the sky is already down), and very concerned that we are not going to be materially better this year with our biggest weakness ( defense) seemingly unaddressed, and at risk of being absolutely terrible should we sustain a key injury. Grant's coaching was not thought to be top tier but was hoping his recruiting could offset that. So far his recruiting is suspect and accordingly our return to prominence is not yet on the radar.
Posted via Mobile Device