User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 10:48 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
I meant to clarify that it would be a quad 1 win as a road game for us. A quad 1 win from a buy game is virtually impossible. My mistake

I'm not sure if UK knew about Quads but they generally will spring for some high quality buy games. Some people knew

@GaryParrishCBS
We just talked to @EricPMusselman on @CBSSportsNet. He said when he realized the quadrant system would be so important he scheduled URI, Texas Tech, Davidson and TCU. And for those of you saying schedules are “made years in advance,” he scheduled some of those as late as August.

So I don't think the competition to play say Vermont H/H would be that great. No P5/Big East school would play them. UC, Wichita St or Gonzaga wouldn't play them either. Filter those teams out and I'm sure we'd stand a great chance. I bet we could get a 2 for 1 out of them.

Getting a quad 1 win on the road and quad 2 win on the home slate is probably the best we can hope for. Maybe if you know it's a rebuilding/reloading year you shoot for the quad 1 win on the road and don't worry about the quality of the home game, See us last year vs this

A quad 1 win at home off a series is gonna be really hard. It's gonna take a luck to get a top 30 RPI team at home
Excuse my ignorance; I need to read up on the quadrant system. Do teams float between quadrants year to year? The reason I ask is H/H vs. Vermont suggested above sounds good but are they likely to transition over the course of the series (which I realize is only 2 years)? Outside of the P5, is scheduling H/H series actually potentially more risky? I only used Vermont because it was previously mentioned; the question is general.

I just want to understand it better.