Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
I heard it from Mack directly at a function, Greg Christopher was also at the function, at the Cintas Center, as part of a large group function: there were hundreds of people at this function who heard Mack say this on a stage at a podium with a microphone, as part of some prepared remarks that Mack was giving.

He basically said that now that X has managed to separate itself from UD, as a result of X now being in the BE, that X no longer has any interest in ever playing UD again. Mack or GC also said that X wants to be the premier Catholic institution of higher learning in southwest Ohio, so as part of that goal, X is never going to play UD again.
So if I interpret this correctly, it’s an Institution decision/philosophy not to play UD, not a Chris Mack decision?

This is interesting. If this is accurate and transparent, then Steele was just being politically correct and this has no momentum with Mack’s departure.

I’d sure like to see a change.