Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 02:56 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GoFlyer View Post
I am not discounting Landers and hope he makes a strong contribution to the team's success. I am surprised so many of you are discounting him. The young man has had success in high school. He may have some head issues, but he now has a new coach, a new younger team and we will all be better off if we encourage him and he blossoms. Certainly referencing him in a negative manner without really ever seeing him much in game situations won't help him.
The post seems to imply that he would read the comments and maybe get down on himself.

First of all I hope the players that read this board, (I am sure there are some), realize that 99% of us are middle aged (if I am being kind), "never were" guys and consider whatever is posted on here with that filter. After all, this topic in particular is nothing more than the bored musings and guesses of fans who just want the season to start.

Secondly, from what I saw of Landers last year I would think he is the exact opposite of some snowflake that would read this board and think "woe is me." I saw a hard nosed kid who couldn't wait to compete against anyone in front of him. I am excited for him to play a bigger role this year and I hope he does.