Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Crosby?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 07:34 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
The glass is half full. Crutcher looks every bit as good, part way through his first year, as any point guard we have had, save J Davis. Crosby and Grant will most likely work out their problems, and if not, next man up. I think that Jordan Davis could develop into a point guard if need be.

I have supported Crosby when most did not, and still do, but Grant is the coach. You support your boss, your coach and your president, or you hit the road.
I think our biggest fear after last season ended was that Crosby was the only one who had a handle to get the ball up court. We weren't sure about the freshman who at that point in time was McKinley Wright. We now have 4 guards that with any combination of two of them can handle the ball. I think you're right about Jordan Davis and while nobody's talking about it, Baby D played the backup PG role in the past and seems to me has improved in that area also. He's got a much stronger handle than previously.

Once you get the ball up court, you need a quarter back and if Crosby can't do that better than the other 3, he's going to be needed less and less.

John Crosby has always been a mystery. There's no doubt he's got the athletics and skills to be a pretty good basketball player, but I keep going back to how he could be backup to Scoochie for two seasons and not have the motivation to work extremely hard and get to be where I'm sure he was projected when Archie Miller signed him. I mean it had to be plain as the nose on his face that much improvement was needed for him to make up even partially for the loss of Scooch, why hasn't it happened? I honestly believe he potentially possesses the same skills as Kevin Dillard and if he can polish those skills, would bring a lot to the table.

Last edited by Smitty10; 11-30-2017 at 07:36 PM..
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-01-2017)