Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 02:11 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,329 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Not trying to pile on Purnell but- A) i'm fairly certain that Ryan was a JOB recruit and probably saved Purnell 2 years of additional rebuilding had Ryan opened up his commitment when JOB got fired but (Ryan) chose not to do that - and B) I once attended a UD game with a X fan i worked with and we both just happened to pass Purnell on the concourse at the arena and we made a comment like "Hey coach, great job this season (2003/04) and his response was a blank stare and walked right past us like we were nothing. My "X" buddy (who has since passed away) couldn't believe it...and neither did i...So the story linked above sadly doesn't surprise me...and yes we were the only ones within 50 feet of Purnell...he saw us. And so I will add the obvious comment: if anyone deserved help from Purnell after graduating from UD, it was Ryan (one of my all time favorites btw).
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by longtimefan67; 08-16-2017 at 02:22 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (08-16-2017), Glen Clark (08-17-2017)