User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2018, 08:54 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
We're far too busy going after 6'3 guards and 6'8 forwards that weigh less then 200 pounds to worry about big post guys. I've seen posts on other threads about "banking" a scholarship. We've got one true PF/C on the whole roster, and he graduates after this year. We've got no big signed on the dotted line with two scholarships to give. And there is talk of "banking" a scholarship?

This has gone from frustrating to apathetic disappointment.
BRob2Perryman3: I concur completely. A head coach does not earn the title of “great recruiter” by how well you recruit 6’0” guards. You get labeled a great recruiter by how well you recruit BIGS. That is, centers and power forwards who can get the rebound and play interior defense. Games are won by excellent defense.

If you live by the three pointer than you can die by the three pointer on a bad shooting night. Ask the Houston Rockets about their bad shooting night when all the chips were down on the poker table.

But, i understand Anthony Grant’s dilemma. Dayton historically has not been able to compete for top talented BUGS against the power 5 conferences or state schools. I have seen with my own eyes on this blog that Dayton fans will not accept recruiting a BIG with any flaws in his background. Dayton fans were so burned by Dumb and Dumber from Columbus Northland high school thAt they are convinced that recruiting a kid with mistakes on their record is a mistake. Dayton fans say, “recruit a kid with a bad history? Look how recruiting Dumb and Dumber worked out?” So, This is why Grant gets paid the BIG bucks. He needs to recruit a BIG kid who is a saint with a squeaky clean record and can actually play the game of basketball.
Posted via Mobile Device