Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 02:41 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
247Sports.com has Anfernee Simons ranked as the #12 player in the class of 2018. In our wildest dreams we can't hope to land him! After Louisville got into trouble he withdrew his verbal to them and immediately suitors started to line up! I have got to hand it to Anthony Grant as he was one of the first to offer! He is not afraid to offer anybody, regardless of how many stars they have!

PG or SG, who cares! When you offer a 5 star player it doesn't matter! Every junior or younger player on our current team would love having this kid as a teammate next season.
This is what makes me so mad about the Cohill-Ryan Miller thing, (as a Cub's fan when I grew weary of Dusty Baker I decided I was going to start calling him John, I am at the same point with our former coach). Why would anyone be afraid to offer anyone? What is the worst thing that can happen, the kid doesn't come to UD? That is exactly what happens if you don't offer him. Please don't tell me that the optics of getting turned down are bad. I don't ever remember reading a story titled "Player X scoffs at School Y's Scholarship Offer." I also don't think anyone would assume UD is in decline because we aren't getting commitments from top 30 kids. Just offer them, if nothing else some lower rated kid might figure, "I better grab that scholly from Dayton before they sign someone better and it is gone."
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (10-26-2017), CvilleFlyer (10-26-2017)