Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 08:21 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
If you have no way of knowing how we would compete in the Big East, how do you know we would have better players. There is no guarantee of that either. The Great Midwest Conference did not improve our talent level from the MCC. I dont think the Big East move has done all that much to move the talent needle with the likes of Xavier, Butler, Creighton, Nova, etc. Jay Wright made a Final-4 long before the NBE formed. The other teams were recruiting at high levels before the BE move as well.

Aint no Blueitts, Holloways, McDermotts, Korvers, Haywards, Howards, Reynolds, or Stokes that ever came to Dayton in the last 10-15yrs.
If you look at the year by year commits on Creighton's recruiting you see a noticeable uptick with them in the Big East. Xavier gets better guys too.

Butler I can't remember off the top of my head but that PG that we were after in the spring Aaron Thompson that decommitted from Pitt. I don't think they're getting him the Horizon league. Matt Howard was the only high profile guy they inked that league

Korver was a nobody from Pella, Iowa and McDermott's own dad didn't think he'd be a contributor.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-03-2018), Dillomernda (03-02-2018)