User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
The following "fan-sided" article drives me nuts and makes my stomach turn. This article is a perfect example of why I believe that it is necessary to punish the accused "evil-doers" for their nefariously-minded actions involving corruption in college basketball recruiting. Do not put words in my mouth that the accused are guilty. I understand that everyone is innocent until proven guilty. However, this article goes on "blubber-busting" about how wonderful it is to have recruited a "Five-star" point guard to Alabama basketball. The article says that it was written "just two days ago". This means that the article was written after the announcement of the accused corruption in said recruit at Alabama. If the guilty are not punished severely for their actions then the NCAA community will just continue as if it was "business-as-usual". The very player that this article "blubbers" about is the player involved in the scandal. They talk about how unusual it is for a five-star recruit to end up at Alabama basketball. Yes, I ask, and how did it happen? The answer is because maybe someone c-h-e-a-t-e-d. There is not a level playing field in recruiting. The ethically-sound programs still must compete against teams not on a level recruiting plateau.

In addition, this article provides some statistics that show that basically all "five-star" recruits accept scholarships to the same group of 20 schools, year after year. Why? Is it because all "five-star" recruits love giant impersonal schools mostly located in small university-dominated towns out in the country? Not a single recruit wants something different? Or is something else happening here, endemically and systematically?

These unclean evil-doers in recruiting need to be washed clean.

https://fansided.com/2017/10/09/coll...-crimson-tide/

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...investigation/
Mad Props to Buckleyma For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (10-11-2017)