User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 08:27 AM
Captain

shwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
Agree, being in the NBE would upgrade our recruiting ability, same is true of the AAC. Probabilities of joining the NBE are slim and none, and slim is headed out of town. Chances are somewhat better regarding the AAC but nothing concrete has developed yet and slim and none could still be in play. Developing another new BB only conference is a stretch at this point and the results of such an effort are an unknown. Being a dominate force in the A-10 would help our cause in the short (and maybe long) term, but except for a couple years under AM we have failed to be that force year in and year out.

Question from a "so conservative" thinker, What is the worst case scenario you speak of ?

Joining the AAC and 4 teams teams leave. Keep in mind I'm assuming UD would not be joining solo, they'd be taking SLU or VCU with them. I'd say the big east expanding and taking two a10 members and not dayton is more likely to happen than the top 4 teams leaving the AAC.

It's all hypothetical, I just don't see dayton leaving and it ending up much worse than the current a10 no matter how things shake out.

Last edited by shwag33; 05-23-2018 at 01:55 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shwag33 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-23-2018), jack72 (05-23-2018)