Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Dayton to AAC?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 10:11 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,587 Times in 3,712 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
What is funny about all the threads, is a the comments that their are no reason Dayton can not be like ____________ school, and just dominate their conference and advance to the tourney every year.

A few years back, 4 schools were on this list that we were going to try to be like, but now we are down to 2, and possibly 1 school.

Butler & Creighton with Dana Altman- Where are they now?

WSU- Where do they want to be and where do the rumors have them going?

That leaves us with Gonzaga as who we want to be like. Obviously no disputing Gonzagas success over the years, but how many final 4's have they been in. (please answer that question prior to 8 PM tonight!)
Not that I would not want Gonzagas yearly trips to the dance and winning a few games in the big dance each season, but honestly I would not enjoy watching most of there home, and even a few of their road games this past season in conference. At least getting out of the arena at the end of the game would be easy as most Flyer fans would be gone by the 5 minute mark. Excluding the St. Marys and BYU games, most victories by 20+ points including scores of 90-60, 96-49, 79-43, 88-57, 102-65, 92-62, and 93-55. I hate to ever lose as much as anyone, but as a fan, watching multiple blowouts would suck too.

Dayton needs to be proactive on any opportunities that might arise. The A-10 is not the conference it used to be, and if any of the few remaining solid programs were to leave for greener pastures, I hope we go with them.