Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 09:07 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AC91 View Post
The problem here is that you are forgetting Archie's first 2 years. none his fault, but he had a program with a good recruiting class coming in that all bailed. scrapped together a couple of middling seasons gets his recruits in and finally makes the dance. great run, but he left his successor in potentially the exact same predicament and there is no guarantee we will hit a coaching home run each one of those periods. My issue is not with Archie leaving. Mine is with timing that could leave us with another huge roster hole and, after 6 years, uncertainty as to whether we had an internal succession plan. My hope is that one of the internal guys is ready and ww keep some continuity for our program, especially the players and recruits.I do not want a trough every 4-6 years in hopes that we can crawl back out. And my hope is that our recruits didnt just choose UD because of Archie, but saw the great program and university here and choose to remain flyers. That is how we sustain the program.
I submit that Archie is exactly why the recruits are coming to Dayton. Doubt the quality of our programs were the deciding factor. Going to be interesting to see how many actually start classes in the fall.