Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 10:42 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,538 Times in 783 Posts
N2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond reputeN2663R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyerferd View Post
This morning, a plan was approved to permit the Columbus blue jackets to have 10% capacity at home games which equals somewhere in the neighborhood of 1900 fans. So, using the same formula for the University of Dayton, that would mean 1300-ish could go if the proper permits are filed. This of course assumes the University and the Atlantic 10 would be OK with this. I have a funny feeling that decision may be highly influenced depending on who is in that game. if we are in it, I would propose allowing students to go to the games for the simple fact that they are on campus and contact tracing could be done very easily. It also avoids political wars around which season-ticket holder‘s get tickets and which ones don’t. not to mention, as discussed on another thread, they could basically say to students, here are your seats, there are no concessions, no bells and whistles, you get in, watch the game, route like hell, and get out. if they allow season-ticket holders, they will want the flight deck open, and all of the amenities they are used to. That’s just my opinion though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Here’s a link to a Cincinnati Inquirer article on Zavier’s request for increased seating capacity.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...er/4472753001/

Neil was supposedly going to request the same variance but it appears that he didn’t, since I believe these requests are rubber stamped once they pass local muster. That said, this article gives you insight into what the maximum attendance at UD Arena would be.

Note - has anyone else been to a game this season to gauge what actual attendance has been? As I posted earlier, the attendance at the LaSalle game was 125 - at best.