Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Drake at home.
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2018, 04:17 PM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
Further to NEO Flyer's comments....we lived on the other side of the county from you and like you, two grandpa's did a "What, Where"? when we heard of the school our grandson would attend. We both knew about UD basketball, but not football.

And now I'm so proud that he went there. While we met a few parents. we didn't get the experience that you guys have enjoyed with each other. I know more friends & alums of the school than parents. That's why our trip to SD was so great - got to see the parents in the motel, the Friday workout, the restaurant after the game. BTW, five players lived together for four years and now four of them are married. They've been at each other's wedding but so too have THEIR PARENTS BEEN AT EACH WEDDING! (The 5th one is scheduled for vows next summer) Some parents have too much fun!

Would you believe that I made friends with the father of a Butler football star? That strangers have asked for specific photos from games they knew I attended? I have more UD friends than from my own college experience. I certainly hope that every parent of a UD footballer ends up with special good memories regardless of how many snaps your boy took, how bad his injuries were or what the won-loss record was. God Bless you for supporting him and the program. I love ya'all!
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Gramps For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (10-26-2018), FlyerIllini (10-25-2018), NEOFlyer (10-26-2018), PittsburghFlyer (11-06-2018), skyflyerfan (10-26-2018)