User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: PSU Match
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 08:03 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
PSU Match

Repeat of last year's showdown for a trip to the Sweet 16. Other than blocking, I think we are better than last year's team. PSU is not as good -- but they still have a team loaded with Top 100 recruits and a coach who knows how to get his team to play their absolute best this time of year. They have won more National Championships than anyone and they've done it in the last 10 years -- not a decade ago.

I thought we had taken a set off them last year, but that was not the case. They won 3-0 by scores of 20-18-16. I think we do better than that this year. They are an exceptional blocking team and I think we have struggled at times this year against good blocking teams. We are going to have to read their defense and send the ball to open hitters. We set into the block and we will struggle. We also have to stop the middle -- something we did not do very well against Nova -- so chances are high we will see it again tonight.

Overall, I don't think we played our best against Nova last night. Hopefully we saved it up for tonight and we take it to PSU. I'm looking for us to play our best match of the season. GO FLYERS!!!
Advertisement