Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 12:09 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,752 Times in 794 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Don View Post
I have been disappointed so often over the past half century I hesitate to voice optimism again. BUT gosh-darn it.....I AM OPTIMISTIC going into this season.
So optimistic that I think all the predictors picking us for a 3rd place conference finish have no idea how much impact our new faces will have this season.

I am predicting a regular season conference championship! VCU last year only beat us by 5 there and by 1 at our place. Davidson only beat us by one at their place. If the added talent and depth can't reverse all three of those results....than I will be disappointed. I think 25 wins (only 4 more than last season) should be very readily achievable, maybe a few more!

Color me VERY OPTIMISTIC!
Going on season 44 and this is the most optimistic I’ve ever been going in to a season that I can remember. There have been many a disappointment in the past so who knows. To me the proper balance of talent, culture and chemistry seem to be on campus and that can take this group a long long way if it’s actually as good as it appears.

To me it all starts with Obi but not with his talent but rather his attitude. When your best player is the exact opposite of an entitled primadona that can be very contagious. I’d say Jalen as the on court leader has much more of the same attitude.

Yes plenty of reason for high aspirations. Here’s to hoping this is only the start of what we all have been waiting for.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (09-22-2019), UDGutter2 (09-21-2019)