Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 03:10 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
I think he'll recover in time, but Sam's problem is more likely going to be Grant's system. Length, versatility, ability to defend multiple positions up and down the court and athleticism are key. Guys like Xeyrius and Kostas are ideal. And Obadiah is in that mold as well. So yes, it would be another to take minutes away from Sam. But I'm just saying that I don't think it's Sam's health that is the reason for recruiting Obadiah.
I agree 100% that Sam's health has nothing to do with this. The uncomfortable truth of being a program trying to grow into the upper echelons is that we are going to recruit over kids from time to time. I know this probably makes some people squirm a little, I will admit I am not completely comfortable with it but it is the reality of business. Sam Miller seems like a really good kid, but in two years, I have seen enough to be of the opinion that he is not the answer at the 4 if we have the opportunity to improve at that position. Archie should have taught us that this is all business to some extent, (I say to some extent because I am not going to go so far as to say that we should treat 18-19 year old kids as assets to do with as we please), but UD needs to approach things from a business perspective as well. If not, we will be that school that always treats its kids well but gets crapped on by players and coaches.