Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 01:09 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=Buckleyma;464081]
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
I saw Sterling play at Flyin to the Hoop last year. Big tall player who is raw with lots of potential. I sat near his supportive family. Good people.

I thought I read that he was hurt at the end of the year. With UD landing one big man, I wonder if he is looking elsewhere.

Hope still springs eternal that Archie and his coaching staff go for a positional recruit. I am voting for a second center on this team. Archie took a risk. Instead of taking a second center, he took Trey Landers. I understand the catch-22 dilemma. Do we take the best available player or do we fill out the class and/or the depth at the positions. With no succession plan at center, we are now facing another year with no center on this team. I suspect that we will be playing two forwards and three guards most of the time. I suspect that 6'7" Cunningham will be our tallest player on the floor, most of the minutes. We'll sub in Sam Miller, Xeryius Williams and Kostas intermittently. But, essentially, we will be small ball this year. If we do not take a second center for next year then we will be one flu-like sniffle or one turned ankle away from small ball next year. I would rather go for a transfer for this year, a transfer for next year or a recruit fir next year who can play center.

Given the above, we better be real good at boxing out for rebounds and really good at running the floor for break-away baskets.
Posted via Mobile Device
I found this article today.

The injury was very serious, but big schools are recruiting. X seems to be recruiting him hard.

http://www.270hoops.com/news_article...rer_id=2494498