Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 05:37 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
The problem with that is you do not know if a player will stay all for years, battle injuries, have a career ending injury, or is even a bust. I am not suggesting adding a MAC level player, but if we get a solid player or transfer, then go for it. If we ever get in a situation like 2 years ago, when we were forced to give Bobby a scholarship and only have a 7 man rotation, I am sure Archie would love having another scholarship player instead of banking a scholarship.
To whoever red piped me for this and left the message "That "situation" led to two NCAA wins" you are missing my point. What I am saying is not taking away from that at all. What I am saying is only having 6-7 players is not want any coach wants and is not optimal. When you can't practice 5 on 5, that can be a problem. When you have to add managers to the roster just to have players to practice, that is a problem. The belief that Archie wouldn't want another scholarship player that year or if that situation happens again in the future is totally asinine.

And to counter your comment, did we win 2 NCAA games that year? Yes! Should it have been more had we not run out of gas from lack of depth and players? Absolutely! Think back to the Oklahoma game. If you don't think having an extra scholarship player that game could have helped kept guys more fresh and not turn our 12 point 2nd half lead into a six point loss then you are crazy.

Last edited by m21eagle45; 10-17-2016 at 07:13 PM..