User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 12:14 PM
1st Lieutenant

Lowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
If there was ever a player who single handedly put a team on his back, with virtually no supporting cast, it was Johnny Davis. And for the record, Negele Knight in my opinion scores a solid 88/100; very good when he wanted to play. Unfortunately, if my sources are correct, was instrumental in getting Donoher fired. So for that reason, his career feels tainted to me despite carrying the team on his back his senior year and giving JOB his one highlight as a college coach with ONE NCAA win.

Johnny Davis? Just look at his NBA career to decide who was the better player between him and NK. he scores a 97/100 at the college level and is the best PG to ever wear a UD uniform; you're all crazy if you see it otherwise.

Bobby Joe Hooper based on toughness and team leadership as a PG and for his lifetime accomplishments at the college level at UD is a higher in my opinion than NK. I'd rank him just behind Johnny Davis as one of the best that "I" ever saw play at UD. He scores a 95/100.

SS - I'd also rank him near the top and tied with BJH at 95/100. Professional career yet to be determined. And I base this his 4 years of total team play, wizardry with the ball and clutch play when needed. You rarely saw an off night with SS and he'll be missed no matter how good Jalen Crutcher is (and I suspect Jalen will turn heads before all is over).

Now go ahead UD pride, pick me apart; I don't care what anyone thinks...these thoughts are my opinions. I've just never understood the adulation of Negele Knight- who from what I have seen has pretty much dismissed UD...
As soon as I saw the phrase "with virtually no supporting cast", I just knew you had to be referring to Knight. Shocked that you weren't. Negele had more would-be assists that bounced off hands of stone than any other pg in our history.

No idea about his part in Donoher's firing, and it's unfortunate that he's disappeared from UD since his playing days. While those things may diminish his likeability, it doesn't diminish what he did on the court. (Not for me anyway.)

In my lifetime/memory, I give Negele the slight edge over Roberts as #2 behind Davis. Yeah sure, Roberts wasn't a true pg, but that's the position he played for us.

My list probably goes...
Davis
Negele
Roberts
Scoochie

Anyone before Davis is before my time.

I don't subscribe to the notion that NBA success or lack thereof has anything to do with a discussion like this. Two different games.

As much as it pains me to say this, Christian Laettner is one of the best college players of all-time. Kawhi Leonard isn't a better college player than Laettner simply because his NBA career will be far superior.
Mad Props to Lowd&ProUD For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (05-09-2017)