Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 07:10 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Folks: I understand that some people may be displaced by these plans, but these plans are going to create one of the finest basketball venues in the country. Displacement occurs when progress is made, sorry. One other point - we don't own the seats; we own the tickets. When the seats change, the tickets change. I'll take the new plans any day over some desired seat. The whole place is going to be so improved that you will forget about your old seat the first time you enter and watch a game in the new venue. If we desire a nationally competitive team in a superb NCAA venue, then these changes are necessary. I totally applaud the administration's commitment to something that keeps my and your university on the national map.
While this is 100% true, if you are one to lose your seats that you have had for many years, I can't knock an emotional response from one who was displaced. I completely agree with your post, but if I were moved, I would be frustrated as well.