User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 10:12 AM
Captain

shwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
In system management and systems built from hardware/software, issues are not typically hindered by only ONE Factor. A conference can be an issue but thinking it is the biggest problem most likely not the deciding factor. There are examples of schools doing quite well year to year in 'lesser conferences' and schools in 'greater conferences' doing quite poorly.

Excellence is built on a great foundation. Up and down cycles are an indication of instability in the system. Ask a pilot, a marketing/sales guy, or Rollo!

Sure there's examples, doesn't mean it's still not the largest hindrance. Gonzaga built their program initially on the back australia. I would assume the conference stigma is not as largely noticed or cared about among internationals.

Butler did well for a while, but they were looking to jump out asap. I'd argue that if they were still in the horizon league they would be MUCH worse off than where they are right now.

You are recruiting against a stigma. Some players like Cohill might not mind, but I'd guess that majority it does. Even Archie miller our own beloved coach at one time believes in that stigma. Butler wouldn't be getting the players they are right now if they were still in the horizon league. They may get 1 or 2, but not the overall depth and quality.