Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 04:04 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,014 Times in 501 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
Trey didn't play last year because of his results on defense. It wasn't for a lack of athletic ability or effort. I said it during last season and this off season. He learned from last year and is making up for it tenfold this year.

And with us in the second half of the season, I believe he could medically redshirt, if there were an injury, in the second half of the season just as long as no minutes are played in the 2nd half. He also didn't hit any minute thresholds in the first half of the season.
Maybe I just don't remember but I don't think I saw Trey in enough, (any), non garbage time last year to form an opinion about his defense. He certainly plays good D now. I guess I could buy that his defense was bad in practice and that is why he didn't play but given his mix of attitude and God given gifts, I just can't imagine something lacking from that kid's defensive effort. Maybe just no room for him in the rotation last year.
Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (01-11-2018)