Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: A10 News
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2022, 07:57 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Grant always appears to fly low on the radar in off-season recruiting and really picks his spots and his targets carefully. Dayton doesn't appear on a ton of player lists. And yet as SDF says, eventually AG gets a guy he wants. Mongolian Mike was sort of that way.

I don't ever think it's a lack of effort on the recruiting trail. He just doesn't seem to be a coach that offers 40 of the Top75 kids with large blanket coverage. He picks one or two he really wants and goes for the jugular. My opinion is AG puts a huge premium on personality and disposition which is gonna rule out 80% of targets right off the top since they won't fit his mojo.
I used to follow all the recruiting stuff a lot closer and would be concerned that UD didn’t get this guy or that guy. I’d see all the movement on other A10 teams and worry if UD was “falling behind”.

I think it was Chris that captured it correctly: Worry about who UD gets, not who gets away.