Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 02:52 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,012 Times in 500 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
I love college basketball for all it is but really, who plays for the love of the game if they have a choice? There are people who play with alot more joy than others and Obi is at the top of that list, but if he were playing for the love of the game we would have had one he!! front court the last two years.

It is sort of like "it doesn't matter whether you win or lose, but how you play the game." We say that to kids as part of a larger life lesson, but I can tell you I have never heard anyone who consistently wins say "it doesn't matter if you win or lose." I will also tell you that my 5 year old nephew and every player on his AYSO team knows the exact score of every game, even though they don't keep score.

I don't know how we can expect players to put aside self interest for the good of the game when they would be the only ones doing so.
Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Brad S. (05-16-2022)