Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 02:40 PM
General

Thanked 2,829 Times in 1,552 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
Yep! Say the endowment is $1 Mil and the funds are conservatively invested (which is generally the conditions) on a good year you receive 10% return. That's $100K not enough by itself to pay or cover the cost of a HC salary. But it helps.

DR. Obvious here, $5 mil gets you $500K but probably still not enough for coverage in full. But it really starts to help at this level.

Not sure what the base salary for AG is. I know they also get money for endorsements and bonus (?) for winning in post seasons and what ever the coach can get from any other activity.

So to cover the FULL salary the endowment would have to be substantial. And I am not aware what the dollar amount of either part of this transaction (AG salary or endowment fund) is.

But it always helps to get a new source of $$ .... we all understand that!
I cannot say for certain this to be true, but I believe given the coverage it is getting that the endowment is far greater than either of the numbers cited above.