Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 08:36 AM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
I love the guys who say things like "THAT GUY is terrible, our +/- is bad with him on the court, he should never see the court again!!" You know, kind of like what people said about nearly every freshman in the last 20 years. If our coaches behaved like that our program would be a shambles.

This is why Grant has been good at developing players. If you write guys off, you not only lose that guy you lose the other guys who think "one bad game and I might be out of the rotation like him." It's cumulative. Instead Grant keeps them coming back to practice every day looking to get better.

It's game #4. Zimi and Sissoko haven't quite figured it out yet, Zimi in particular has looked really lost to me. Maybe we're a better team playing small, but that's a different reason for not playing Sissoko, it's not just that his production hasn't been good. Maybe Sissoko and Jordy should both only be playing 10-15 minutes per game. But Obi isn't walking through those doors, and you've only got so many able bodied players right now, and Grant has to try to win with the players he's got.

Last edited by Gazoo; 12-10-2020 at 08:42 AM..