User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Seniors
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2021, 09:26 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Really disappointed that this group of Seniors is not a cohesive unit, but rather seems to be a collection of individuals. I mean, even with the “poisoned well” that was our team chemistry from the midway point of the 2015-16 season until the end of the following season, Scoochie, Kyle, and Kendall were a unified group. I’m not seeing that kind of unity with our current Seniors.

And the thing that’s upsetting me the most about CAG this season is, when he came in 4 years ago, he seemed to have a bit of Norman Dale in him, where if you didn’t play (and, presumably, practice) the right way, you didn’t see the court. “The right way” seemed to involve hustling and playing smart. And here we are, 4 years later, and we see a team that doesn’t consistently hustle or play smart. We’re almost back to the “systematic substitution” days of BG, except there seems to be no system to the substitutions (or the lack thereof). It’s as if CAG feels sorry that the Seniors didn’t get the taste of The Dance last year, and he’s giving them an exceedingly long leash as a result. In the process, we’re losing the habits and disciplines that led to 29-2. And that’s what concerns me the most.
Posted via Mobile Device
Jalen gave everything he had to give. But they had to carry this substitution thing as far as they could--no bench. 39 minutes/game finally got to him. Ibi proved over and over that he is a 2/3. Trying to talk your way into believing you had a Chase, Trey, Ryan, healthy Chatman waiting to be tapped is fools gold.

No magic substitution formula was going to make up for the lack of experience that we were faced with. Yes, we were able to rally our talent for stretches, but mostly we were a win one, lose one, team this season. And it's why we are unlikely to make noise in the Tournament. Too thin, too many minutes for our best players.

I won't be surprised at whatever game we bring against the Bonnies. That's who we are this season.