Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 01:13 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,126 Times in 4,171 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
Reread the part about what didn't make papers.

There was plenty of things that involved a player that didn't deal with mental illness. One was habitual in treatment of women. I will let you figure out which two of the three were what.

I don't need to re-evaluate anything. There is plenty that went on that you wouldn't have seen on a message board or in the DDN. If you know that info, then you wouldn't be defending the actions of anyone.
Yet the UD administration was reportedly willing to match what IU was offering, so UD did not seem all that bordered by all of this stuff then. No?

If they were so bothered, then why didn't they fire Archie or unequivocally demand that he clean up his act?

I just don't get all the hate for AM. He is not the first coach to maybe be less than forthright about his future plans, but I just don't think that coaches say stuff like that deliberately in order to deceive the fans. Those type of questions are hard to answer without ticking off somebody, it's a no-win situation, no matter what you say, somebody is going to get ticked off. Some coaches just handle those questions better than others do I guess.

Clearly many on here are cheering for him to fail. He took a higher-profile job, something that many on here also would have done. Get over it and wish him well.

Last edited by ud2; 02-03-2019 at 01:52 AM..
Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bill202 (02-03-2019)