Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 01:45 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,012 Times in 500 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
I have seen posts on several threads already about his minutes being limited, down, what his role will be, etc.....

The only debate I see with Ryan is will he play 26 to 30 minutes a game or 30 plus minutes a game? You do not put a senior leader who led the team in +/- rating by a wide margin and has his on the court IQ on the bench for more than a couple minute breather, ever.
I was a person who (respectfully)suggested that Ryan's physical limitations would cause him problems and I hoped that we would not have to depend on him too much last year. I took that all back very early in the season, he just gets the job done. That said, if Johnson and Watson (and others) are as good as advertised, Ryans's minutes MAY go down. I trust the coaching staff to evaluate who the guys are that give us the best chance to win. Nobody deserves playing time based on time in service or any other measurement that does not directly relate to winning. This isn't little league.
Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (05-15-2019)