Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 03:42 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,125 Times in 4,170 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GoFlyer View Post
I am not expecting Kansas or Michigan State to show up at the arena for a non conference match up. But I would expect something better than we are seeing . . including matchups with teams that are in the same boat as us
in non p5 leagues.
I agree.

Part 4 indicates that we are targeting top 75 teams and teams from the MWC, A10, AAC, and WCC. IMO, that is much too narrow of a scope if we are talking about adding 1 or 2 more non-p5 home and home series per year. We are likely only going to be able to get around 2 of these top 75 games per year, outside of exempt tournaments, like we did this year, due to the fact that it sounds like there are no other top 75/aac/mwc/wcc/a10 teams that want to play us.

We are going to have to start targeting maybe the top 100 or top 125. Q2 road wins top out at #135.

I would rather do a home and home with #90 and #100 than play 2 buy games. You may get lucky, #90 or #100 might have an usually good year(s), that can and does happen.

I am not blaming this on not having the necessary connections, or Neil not trying hard enough. There are likely over a hundred other teams out there trying to land the same opponents as us, connections can only do so much. And it sounds like Neil is working very hard.

I hear little talk of targeting teams #76 and worse for home and homes, IMO, that is likely our only option at this point in terms of getting more home and homes.

Also, I would not be opposed to a winnable one-way road game.

Chris, have we offered one-way road games?

Last edited by ud2; 08-15-2019 at 03:48 PM..