Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 08:42 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,600 Times in 2,847 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Parking structures

Parking is a problem everywhere...at most places more so than at UD. When I look at the acres of parking around the Arena I often wonder what the complaining is about.

UConn's on-campus facility seats 10,400 and is right in the middle of campus. That means fans are competing for parking spaces with university staff and students for available spots on game nights. For many years when we went to games we did not know where we would wind up parking.

Since then UConn has constructed two large parking garages which have helped enormously, i.e.., we always know where we are going to park...in our assigned garage directly across the street from the arena. The garages have six floors of parking with entrances/exits at the top and bottom. If you are on levels 1 or 2, or 5 or 6, you're in good shape. But, God help those that wind up on levels 3 or 4. If you're in the "middle" it can take 45 min, easy, to exit the garage. The solution is to leave the game plenty early...just like the Arena parking lots.

What really frosts my wife is that upon entry to our garage are about 20 spaces that are roped off and guarded....spaces that usually remain unused except for a few. Those spaces are for "Legend" donors...$50K+ annually. I explain to my wife that if a guy gives $50K or more he d@mn well better have a guaranteed space to park when he comes to a game. Still she btiches.

Parking is a fundamental problem. Fans arrive over a period of 30-45 minutes, or so. But everyone wants to leave at the same time, for the most part. That's tough to deal with even under the best circumstances.

Go Flyers!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UACFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Phi Psi Flyer '09 (05-19-2017), UD62 (05-18-2017)