User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2018, 12:13 PM
Captain

Phi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to beholdPhi Psi Flyer '09 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
My comment was not meant to reflect just this year. We have not jumped hard on the four star recruiting horse for the the last five years. After four straight NCAA's, some TV exposure and a great fan base we have some reputation and success. It has got us how many consensus fours right out of HS in the last few years?

AG is one for one, so far so good. Hopefully, he will not settle like Archie did. He can start by nudging a couple of these guys to other schools, and recruiting over them. One for one on that with Miller. Still a couple left.

As far as TV goes, some of these conferences have TV networks, but they are also ones you have to pay extra for, so not all these HS recruits are seeing these games. I live in Raleigh/Durham with three ACC teams. I would say the combined number of TV games between Duke, UNC and NCSt are about the same as the total TV games for UD. Actually we have a decent TV deal with CBSS, NBCS and ESPN's.

I cannot watch a bunch of PAC12, B10, or SEC, except select games. If the B12 has a network, it is not offered here. The ACC has no network. The Big East has many games on, but not sure it is more than UD.

I think conference is the biggest reason kids shy away from UD. Many of these kids know UD, but when they hear the names of schools we play, they say, "who?"

Vandy right now is 8-13, and last in a the SEC, and is rarely on TV, so maybe their coach is cheating.
Every single SEC/BIG game are on the SECN, FS1, ESPN, or at the very least streaming on those network's services. Dayton has games on facebook that are viewed by 1,000 people.

Vanderbilt's new coach is a young up and comer who made a name for himself playing in the NCAA tournament. Dayton's coach is 50 something who couldn't hack it when the SEC was as down as possible and has been away from CBB for years.

Is it really that hard to understand why someone would choose Vandy over UD? This doesn't even begin to discuss being in Nashville over Dayton.
Mad Props to Phi Psi Flyer '09 For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (01-29-2018)