Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 03:33 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
I would say Chris' disagrees, money is nice, but the dude wants to play. And he deserves a shot real shot in the NBA, i desperately pray for a fast break with he and Westbrook and there is only one Warrior defender back......and its Durant
I agree that he deserves a shot, but he needs to make sure he's not losing a significant amount of money in the process. You say that "money is nice" but it is much better if you can make it while playing a game and then have it saved while you figure out what you want to do after basketball is over. That is why I'm sure he negotiated to get part of the contract guaranteed in case he were to get cut, because at that point it would be more difficult to find a team overseas to pay him the same money as he would get if he signed with them now.

I hope he can make it in the NBA. I'm sure his goals and his pride tells him that he can play in the NBA. But if he isn't successful at some point he needs to accept it and make as much money as he can playing overseas for as long as he can.
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (08-18-2016)