Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 07:34 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,396 Times in 713 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Record against those schools,

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
So we lost to the second best team in the ACC, the best and second best in the SEC, the third best in the B12 and the second best in the AAC, and beat the fourth or fifth best team in the BE, in a rebuilding year with a short roster, and that rules us out of the BE forever. And we should be happy and grateful that we get to play at the likes of Fordham, George Mason and LaSalle. Got it.
What's UD'S record against Fordham, Mason, and LaSalle, during our A10 Membership? Pretty substantial I would imagine; so yes there is real benefit to playing them. It's called a fabulous opportunity to make the NCAA on a regular basis. Besides, you forgot to mention the opportunity to play VCU, Rhode Island, Saint Joes, Davidson, UMASS, Richmond, etc. You make it sound like there is no upside to playing in the Atlantic 10; and, like all the Atlantic 10 programs are such dog trash, that mighty UD will dominate annually, finish first or second every year, and get to conference title game 5 out of every 10 seasons. If/when that happens, then UD can worry about improving their conference situation. And even then, you could make an even greater case for staying in the conference that allowed you to accomplish all of that.

Other fan bases know that UD and many UD fans think they are better than the A10. I'm not directing this at anyone perse, and I recognize there is an upside to Big East membership, but it's not happening.

If the Flyers win a big game, the many folks say, look that's proof that we belong in the Big East. But then when we lose a game, seems like me the same folks say that's proof that we need to be in the East. The whole idea of Big East membership has long since become a distraction for all involved.

To me the best way to show up the big east schools, is make the NCAA Tournament and beat them, just like beating Providence in Columbus, or Butler in Bahamas.

Last edited by Beatty Town Coach; 12-18-2018 at 07:37 PM..