Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 10:22 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,126 Times in 4,171 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
I’m not sure how anyone saw this as “at least an NIT year.” They had one — ONE — proven commodity returning, Xerious Williams. And with his health issues, that proven commodity has been unproven. Baby D was a much-maligned role player whose offense this year has been a pleasant, even unexpected surprise. No one knew what we’d have in Josh Cunningham coming off an injury-plagued year, but he’s been a beast. And John Crosby at PG!?? Puh-lease. Other than that, all we knew was that four seniors, a coach and arguably the two best incoming recruits were history.

So where, praytell, did you have confidence that this was “at least an NIT team?” Your clairvoyance was either badly misguided, perhaps fueled by unrealistic expectations that a bunch of freshmen and a totally untested Trey Landers were game changers, or your rose-colored glasses blinded you.
I am skeptical. Coming off 4 straight NCAAT appearances, the best streak in school history, and an A10 league title, you mean to tell me that the majority of people on here thought we might be below .500 this year? Sorry, I just am not buying that.