Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 01:07 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,163 Times in 4,196 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 224 View Post
As other have said, 2019 Maui.

I'm guessing we go back to Disney World in 2020 for the Advocare but that is purely my guess. You can only play in a tournament once every 4 years so that eliminates Maui, Atlantis, Charleston and Anaheim. UD and ESPN Events have a strong relationship, so if they went back to an ESPN event after Atlantis and Maui, that leaves Myrtle Beach (formerly Puerto Rico), Honolulu (Diamondhead Classic) or a one off game like the Preseason NIT at MSG or the armed forces game in San Diego. Those are usually blue chip teams, so never say never but the tournaments are better for UD. With Charleston being a couple years ago, my money is on Disney over Myrtle Beach or something else in 2020.
Here is a list from 2 years ago of all the in-season sort of tourneys/events, this list seems comprehensive, although maybe an event was left out.

You pretty much covered all of the good, big, 8-team events, except for maybe the Nike Phil Knight event.

Do you think we would ever be invited to the 16 team Nike Phil Knight tourney in Portland, Oregon?

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...y-major-field/

Last edited by ud2; 09-10-2018 at 01:14 PM..