Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2018, 11:14 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,396 Times in 713 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Wrong Emphasis

Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
And the reason tOSU, X and or UC would want to schedule US and Wright State is ...........................................

It may work in a reality game scenario but in real life
Yes, you are correct, but I'm asking the question and answering the original question, from a University of Dayton decision making standpoint, not the perspective of Xavier, Cincinnati, or The Ohio State University. You are proving my point, that UD'S ability to schedule said three schools is non-existent without some substantial give and take. Therefore if want to play any of them ever again in regular season, then you might have to be willing to suck-it-up and play a game you don't normally desire. UD'S extreme angst about playing Miami and Wright State is at a down right embarrassing level; to the point where I suspect normal decision making could be adversely impacted.

I never suggested that the TOSU, XAVIER, or CINCINNATI, are realistically going to present this exact plan, and that wasn't my question. However, it is true that the new Ohio State coach was indicating early on after his hire, that he wanted to create an in-state round robin match up between several schools around the state; and, the original question in this thread concerned if you would schedule a game against Ohio State in an unusual set up or location, and apparently Ohio State is looking for a match up in Cleveland or elsewhere. Therefore I didn't just get these ideas out of thin air, they are in fact something that fans around the state of been discussing during the past year.

To that end, it more than merely appeared to me that a plethora of UD fans felt this automatically meant they were going to include UD in such a process. Unfortunately, I think a lot of that is akin to pipe dreaming. I wish that wasn't so, but realistically speaking I think the Ohio State coach came in discussing this concept because he was Desiring to get the Buckeye basketball program back on equal footing with Xavier, Cincinnati, and Dayton, without ever playing a game. From my perspective this is a very creative and clever way for him to remind everyone in the state and around the Midwest that Ohio State basketball was as good, if not better, or at-least on par with the other significant programs in the their own state. Immediately, many UD fans were so sure that UD was going to be included in such a format, or that it would happen at-all.