User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 01:52 PM
Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
I honestly don't even know where to begin with this team. There's so many things going wrong that it's hard to pinpoint the direct issues.

We clearly lack players, though I do think some of the young players show talent. Specifically, Trey, Jordan and Jalen. Will it be enough to take us anywhere? Who knows.

We seem to lack all sense of leadership. I put this on both the players and the coaching staff. With such a young team, we need to rely on experienced players; DD, Josh and XW. XW is completely lost (or injured?), and DD is painfully inconsistent – to the point of being a liability at times. Can this coaching staff motivate? To me, that’s a key part of a college coaching staff’s job description. The jury is still out, but I’m not having any issues finding reasons to question it!

Too many players are failing to improve, and you could arguably that some are regressing. Matej and Kostas are simply not showing signs of improving (if not going backwards). The cause is unknown. It could be on them, or on the coaching staff. XW is completed absent. Crosby is what he is. We needed them this year, and they aren't delivering.

As a former point guard, I despise our offensive sets. As a defensive-minded player, I won’t even discuss our complete lack of defense. We play small because our bigs are unreliable. We play sloppy because of what often seems like lack of focus. Forced shots, bad decisions, frustration fouls. You name it.

The team seems to lack chemistry. When you look at the players, they look tense. They don’t appear to be having fun much of the time. I also put this on the whole of players and coaches. Someone needs to step up and be that motivator. Sometimes it seems like Trey is trying to take on that role, but we don’t have a true Devon Oliver or Kyle Davis style player. I seriously question whether the coaching staff has it in them.

Bottom line, I don’t think there’s an easy answer to this. I think everyone is involved. It seems to me that plenty of people, players and staff, have some work to do if we’re going to come out of this funk anytime soon.

Last edited by pmcmullen; 02-15-2018 at 01:55 PM..
Mad Props to pmcmullen For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD_Earl (02-16-2018)