Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 06:33 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
What don't you understand about the post? He gets the SAME BENEFIT OF 3 YEARS TO BRING IN HIS PLAYERS and BUILD HIS SYSTEM AROUND HIS RECRUITS that nearly all division 1 coaches get, including our previous coaches. It's called patience. AG deserves and will get at MINIMUM, 3 years to institute his system. Calling for him to be fired after 1 year is ridiculously idiotic, immature and will not happen.

If you feel that's not fair, don't have the patience, that's fine. Go follow IU. I have followed UD since I was a 6 year old in 1967. I've seen plenty of good years and some bad ones. I've seen a HOF coach get screwed over and bad coach that replaced him get fired. I saw another coach rebuild the program and his successor take it a bit higher but never achieved the success of our last coach (who said all the right things about building something special but in the end was just all talk).

I really like the current coach because he was coached by the HOF coach, coached with another soon to be HOF coach (BD) and has largely been successful. And I add - AG seems to have the integrity that I admired in DD and BG - sadly missing recently. And I may be wrong but I don't think he's looking to use UD to springboard his career. So this coach deserves a chance. I'll wait for the right kind of success that will come.
Again, three years to accomplish what? It's a simple question.