Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 02:37 PM
General

Thanked 5,456 Times in 2,384 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud69 View Post
Do you think all these folks declared these cash payments as income on their tax returns? Think Al Capone.
This sounds like a crime for the acceptance of money, not the person paying it.

Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
This becomes a federal violation when it crosses state lines. Most of these recruits are going to schools and taking visits in states other than their own.
You're already assuming it's a crime, I'm still trying to convince myself of what the crime is.

Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
There was talk this morning on Mike & Mike where it was said a way to get this resolved is to finally pay players.

Well lets use human nature here. You yourself know that if you are making $45k wouldn't you like to make $60k if you could? If you make $60k wouldn't you like to make $75k?

So the NCAA allows everyone to pay players $X amount. Now the playing field is even right? Well for a short period of time, until school Y sees a 5* recruit and an associate coach has a 'way' of giving the recruit more $ to influence a decision toward coach's university. It is more than the allowable $X. So pretty soon the 'allowable amount' is just a new starting point for those great recruits to be enticed to go to those schools which did the dirty dance before.

I don't see this truly being completely solved by paying players.. .
I thought this was all supposed to go away when we started paying players. They're victims!!